How to choose the best laptop for students?
The merchants are chanting those three magic words again,
Back to school and consequences are everywhere!
Just when you’re getting your deep dark precancerous tan
going – you hear those words – and spell the end
Of summer. Once again we are bombarded with advertising,
with the latest in “teen supplies”, “school supplies” and
‘metal detector items’. It’s a prank!
Is it just me or does it seem like this year there is a lot
more “Back to School” advertising for laptops and notebooks?
They seem to be everywhere … on TV, radio, and online.
Laptop ads are everywhere. Why is this?
Well, laptops have come down in price, they have become
more affordable, even for the modest student. Laptops have
they are also reduced in size, making them ideal for that school
napsack, golden bedroom. They have also gotten tougher
and more robust … better equipped to deal with toughness / wear / tear
that students give.
With laptop technology that changes every two years or
then; Notebooks can now handle most of the tasks that students perform.
their way. These advanced laptops can get the job done. They too
present a much stronger entertainment value for students,
can handle better graphics and games, but most students
try to keep parents in the dark about this factor while
advocates for a new laptop for college or school. All this
the appeal is further fueling the demand for laptops.
Then there is a little thing called the Internet. Throw
on a wireless connection and the student’s laptop is coming
in itself. Big moment!
The Internet has become a second teacher / parent / counselor
for most students. God helps us all! But it has also become
an invaluable source of collective knowledge on this planet;
scary but true. The Internet is an invaluable source of
knowledge for any high school / college student.
Not having immediate access to all this knowledge and information.
will put any student at a disadvantage with their peers.
It’s a very competitive world, in high school, in college and
in the future labor market; each student must have a pair
That’s where the little laptop comes in, right!
Laptops or notebooks have quickly become a school necessity.
When? How? Why? …
It is the perfect learning tool for students:
* very portable, you can take them anywhere, class, cafe,
bedroom, home …
* very convenient, you can take notes in class, write homework, print homework, communicate with home, access the Internet …
* very rude, many newer notebooks are built to take a hit and keep working, ruggedized for rugged use …
* very powerful, notebooks or notebooks are catching up with their desktop cousins when it comes to computing speed, hard drive storage and
* very accessible, prices have come down and are falling further, laptops are now outselling desktop PCs so this price will drop even further, there are a lot of used and refurbished laptops hitting the market …
If you are a parent, student or guardian; Here are some of the factors that you should consider when shopping for the best laptop or notebook for students:
* Size, it should be small, light and very portable, fit comfortably under the arm or in that backpack
* strong, it must be resistant, resistant, reinforced and able to withstand more than a strong blow because students are students
* connections, wireless connections must be provided, the Internet is such a valuable tool in itself: a student must be able to access it from anywhere. Most laptops have these connections, but check: a printer port, 56Kbps modem, VGA port for an external monitor, and you must have at least one USB port for external keyboard / mouse, digital cameras, drives, and MP3 players.
* Technical specifications, it must have enough RAM, storage space (hard disk), and computing speed to do whatever work the student can do.
* battery duration, make sure your student laptop has a reasonable battery life, 5 hours or more
* price, should be reasonably priced, refurbished laptops may be an option for those on a strict budget
However, a few words of wisdom, students or parents should not skimp
too much: if you spend tens of thousands on education,
you must also provide the best possible equipment in the form of a robust,
high performance lightweight notebook. Also, a high-quality laptop
last for years … imagine your son or daughter writing their resumes in
after they have finished college … keep this picture in your mind as you go
on buying the perfect student laptop.