Belly fat is not something we would like to have. In fact, belly fat makes us look unhealthy and unattractive. Research has shown that being overweight and having accumulation of belly fat predisposes us to various diseases. These obesity-related diseases include hypertension, diabetes mellitus, elevated lipid levels, strokes, and heart disease. In women, abdominal fat predisposes them to certain forms of cancer. This is because belly fat is considered “metabolically active” compared to fat in other regions of the body.
It is important to realize that losing belly fat is not easy. In fact, it takes a lot of patience and perseverance to be successful. Additionally, losing belly fat requires multiple approaches and lifestyle changes.
You need to be able to lead a lifestyle that does not contain large amounts of stress. This is a very difficult thing to do these days. As such, one should take time off to relax and unwind. The ideal would be to sleep 8 hours. If that’s too difficult, the minimum requirement would be 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
Another important lifestyle modification to make is incorporating exercise into your daily schedule. Activities like running, walking, and abdominal exercises help increase the metabolic rate which in turn will burn all that fat.
Following 6 steps will help you deal with the elimination of abdominal fat, only if you have the discipline to comply with it.
1. Run or walk for a minimum of 30 minutes, at least 5 times a week. This is a very good cardiovascular exercise that will also help you burn fat.
2. Avoid eating after 7 pm. This is to make sure you don’t have a full belly when you get close to bedtime, as this is when your metabolic rate tends to drop.
3. Practice yoga at least 3 times a week. This will keep your stress levels in check.
4. Do some bodybuilding exercises in the gym at least 4 times a week. This will be great for toning those muscles.
5. Avoid highly processed foods. Instead, eat more raw foods like vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
6. As explained above, get enough rest and sleep
One has to be realistic in his weight loss attempts. Weight loss will not happen overnight. In fact, it can take a few weeks or months. The important thing is the discipline to adhere to the lifestyle modification methods. With the tips above, you are on your way to achieving a slim, trim tummy.